Friday, January 6, 2012

Because I don't give myself enough to do...

Dear 2012,

I don't believe in resolutions, so please don't ask me to make them. Resolutions do nothing but set us all up for massive, soul damaging failure. How about we just rename January as Janu-fail-y. Resolutions are in a word, dumb.

I have goals. So stop getting in my face, 2012.

Goals are promises to yourself that you want to keep and work toward but don't necessarily have a time or end date associated with them. I think that's much better.

My goals for 2012 (and beyond):

  1. Make 12 vintage reproduction dresses. I will post them here.
  2. Finish the rough draft of my novel by the end of February and 2nd draft by April. Polished draft by June.
  3. Learn to play guitar. I want to learn one Dave Matthews Song and one Civil Wars song. The rest is as we go.
  4. Create a Places I go 2012 Quilt (which will really be more of a 2013 project, though I have to collect the memories this year).
  5. Make my musical pillows (more on that later)
  6. Focus on Quality of friendship not Quantity. Grow the good friends and weed out the bad.
So 2012. Let's see if we can kick a little ass together. 
Thanks and huggles, 
D


PS: It would be really great if you would stick around after Winter Solstice.....At least give 2013 a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment