Friday, January 20, 2012

The never ending search through my starred tutorials on Google Reader....

...Or, why Pinterest is better.

I used to be a die hard Reader junkie. I got all my next and best ideas for the feeds I had pouring into my reader. Then, Google stopped allowing me to share articles. It's no secret that I am strongly opposed to the strong arm tactics Google is using to try and force me into their Google+ social platform. To that, I say no. I don't have to, down want to, and Google can't make me.

Yes, I know I sound like a six year old.

Rather than let this become a rant as to why I hate what Google has done to its users (and I mainly mean me), The Point: Google Reader is inefficient. Pinterest is efficient.

Reader has no organization to it whatsoever. I can star something I like but there is no way to further organize it in order make it easier to find (and make) later. Pinterest, on the other hand, allows you to organize it and gives you a nice visual to go with it.

So as I've been fruitlessly searching my reader for this top, if I see something that I truly want to access again, I've been pinning it.

Slowly, I am bringing myself one step closer to Google independence...

PS: this was the tutorial: Joyful Ruffle Neck Top. I decided to try and do a search instead of sifting through my hundreds of articles. On the second search, four links down, there it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment